Raydiant has partnered with the best retail analytics platform, RetailNext, to bring occupancy tracking to your Raydiant screens! This integration is free to all Raydiant+RetailNext users, and makes it easy to save time, keep your customers safe, and view occupancy numbers across multiple locations. Sound exciting? Learn more about RetailNext here or contact via email@example.com or 855-313-3101.
Activating RetailNext with Raydiant
If you're not yet a Raydiant customer, book a demo today to see how else Raydiant can complement your business—and be sure to let us know that you're interested in the RetailNext integration!
If you're already a RetailNext and Raydiant customer, we just need your RetailNext credentials to connect RetailNext to Raydiant. In this section, we'll walk you through generating these credentials and securely sharing them with Raydiant.
First, there are two important notes:
- Please do not share these credentials with us via email. The process below is designed to keep your RetailNext credentials safe from prying eyes. Sending them via email doesn't provide the same protections.
- Make sure to create your credentials with an expiration of "Never" or "1 year". This is the maximum duration allowed by RetailNext, and it will ensure that your RetailNext integration will work without changes for as long as possible.
Generating your RetailNext Credentials
Please note: you will need to be a Subscription Admin for your RetailNext account to complete this process.
- In the RetailNext cloud interface, go to Admin Settings > System API Tokens.
- Click "Add" in the bottom-left to create a new API token, and name it for easy reference later. We recommend naming it "Raydiant Screen Signage".
- Select the User Profile and Location Profile for the token. To give Raydiant access to display data for all locations, select Subscription Admin as the User Profile and All Locations as the Location Profile.
- Set the token's Expiration to "Never", if available, or "1 Year", as mentioned above.
- Once you complete the token creation process, the access key and secret key will be displayed on screen. Please keep this RetailNext tab open while completing the "Sharing the Keys with Raydiant" steps below to avoid going through these steps again. (For security reasons, the secret key will never be shown again. If you lose the secret key, or close the tab before completing the sharing steps, you’ll have to delete the API token and create a new one, and share the credentials with Raydiant again.)
Sharing the Credentials with Raydiant
Raydiant uses LastPass to securely receive your RetailNext credentials in just a few easy steps.
- Click here to create a LastPass account.
- Install the LastPass browser extension or app and sign in with your new account.
- In the Notes section, create a secure note that contains your Raydiant username, the API key, and the secret key. Save this note.
- Hover over the new note and click the Sharing button that appears. Enter firstname.lastname@example.org in the "Recipient Email Addresses" field and click "Share". (LastPass may ask you to verify your email address before completing this step.)
- That's it! We'll activate the RetailNext integration for you, give you access to the RetailNext app in your Raydiant Dashboard, and send you an email to let you know you're all set.
Preparing Your Occupancy Display
Once the integration is activated, you'll be able to create new RetailNext occupancy presentations by clicking this icon:
From here, you can customize your display by choosing the location, building a custom theme, adjusting desired occupancy levels and language, and even adding a QR code and call to action to help drive waiting customers to a specific web page.
Publishing Your Occupancy Display
Once you're ready to put your occupancy on your screens, it works the same way as publishing any other presentation to your Raydiant screens: just add it to your playlist, make sure that playlist is assigned to the desired screens, and click Publish to send it out!