Scheduling content with Raydiant allows you to set your screens up with recurring content like menus or daily specials with the greatest of ease. This feature helps avoid micromanaging your screens during your rush hours by setting your content in advance.
How does scheduled content Work?
Scheduled content can be used to show content that appears on the screen at specific times of the day. When your schedule starts, your screen will switch over from your default content to your scheduled content. The scheduled will run until the selected end time and then switch back to your default content.
1. Click the screen or group you want to schedule content for under the “Screens” view
2. Click the “Scheduled Content” button, then click the “Add Content” button.
3. Select or create the content you want to schedule and click “Add to Screen”
4. You should now see your selected content towards the left side of the Scheduled Content menu. Above your selected content are several options you can set:
- Sequence Name: The name of your scheduled content
- Start Date & Time: Specify the exact day and time your scheduled content will appear on your screen.
- End Date & Time: Specify the exact day and time your scheduled content will be removed from the screen and return to your default loop.
- This is a repeating event: If you turn this toggle on, you can set your content to repeat on a weekly or monthly basis. If you select "weekly", you can choose multiple days of the week for it to repeat on. (So if you want your schedule content to take effect at the same time each day, you can set it to recur weekly, every day of the week.)
5. You can add additional presentations to your schedule by clicking the “+” icon.
6. Once you’re ready to schedule the content, click “Create”.
7. Your schedule will now be visible to the left side with information on the day and time the content will appear on the screen. Make sure the scheduling looks right, then click “Publish”!
Why isn’t my scheduled content playing correctly?
A few things should be checked when noticing that your scheduled content is not playing correctly:
- Double-check the time your scheduled content is set to play. Your schedule time relates to the timezone of your computer - (I.E. if you are editing schedules for your business based in New York and you’re traveling in California, the timezone that will be used is Pacific time).
- Currently, at least one piece of default content should be published to a screen that has scheduled content, which Raydiant will revert back to when your content is not scheduled to be playing.
- If you still see content running at unexpected times, please contact email@example.com.